UA organizations table at spring Get on Board Day

CW / Jennifer Stroud
Students met with clubs they were interested in at the Student Center.

The University held its Spring 2024 Get on Board Day event on Thursday from 5 to 9 p.m. at the Student Center. 

Organizations set up display tables with their information on the building’s second and third floors. Students were able to learn about UA organizations as well as get free merchandise.  

GOBD has been a biannual University tradition for at least 10 years and was hosted by Sealy Management Co. this year. Over 200 organizations tabled on Thursday. 

Emily Harvey, a sophomore majoring in kinesiology, attended the event to table for University Programs. Harvey said that she has gone to every GOBD since starting at the University, and she has found multiple clubs this way.  

Arianah Lomnick is a freshman majoring in business management and the vice president for Alabama Pearls, a new organization at the University that attended the event to recruit new members.  

“Going to Get on Board Day and seeing all the different groups that you’re going to be involved in is great,” Lomnick said. “It’s very diverse, and there’s a club for everyone.” 

Eyram Gbeddy, a junior majoring in political science, is the president of the Black Faculty and Staff Association Ambassadors and an SGA Senator representing the College of Arts and Sciences. 

Gbeddy said that he has never missed a GOBD and that this event is how he was able to find some of the organizations he is a part of today. 

“One of the nicest parts of UA is that we have a campus of 40,000 members, which means that anyone can find their people,” Gbeddy said.