Checking in on summer signings

The Alabama Crimson Tide football team has begun to produce yet another top recruiting class going into 2012. Alabama has received verbal commitments from 13 recruits, six of whom are ranked in the ESPNU 150, currently putting Alabama in third place in the ESPNU rankings for recruiting classes.

So far, the Tide has picked up great additions on defense, gaining a verbal commitment from Eddie Williams of Arnold H.S. in Panama City, Fla., who is the top-ranked safety in the nation and number five player overall according to the ESPNU 150. At 6’3’’ and 205 pounds, Williams is an athletic, bruising, ball-hawking safety who has played many positions on the field, including wide receiver and quarterback, though his most likely college position would be safety. Regarded as an elite prospect, Williams has the ability and pure athleticism to see the field early in his career with the Tide.

Another great addition to the Crimson Tide defense is outside linebacker prospect Dillon Lee from high school football powerhouse Buford H.S. in Buford, Ga. Lee is ranked as the number five recruit for his position and the 72nd overall prospect according to the ESPNU 150. Standing at 6’4’’ and weighing 220 pounds, Lee sports a large frame with wide shoulders and could easily put on more muscle during his time with the Tide.

The Tide has also received a verbal commitment from Reggie Ragland of Bob Jones H.S. in Madison, Ala. Ragland, the number two ranked inside linebacker in the nation and 112th overall prospect according to the ESPNU 150, is a stout and punishing defender at 6’3’’ and 245 pounds who could add some muscle and possibly be somewhat of a hybrid, explosive DE/LB.

On offense, the Crimson Tide has received a verbal commitment from Brandon Greene of Cedar Grove H.S. in Ellenwood, Ga. Greene is a big-bodied, dominating offensive tackle who excels in run-blocking. He is the fifth-ranked offensive tackle in the nation and 25th overall prospect according to the ESPNU150. Greene is athletic enough to pull and trap, even from the center position. Standing at 6’5’’ and weighing 285 pounds, Greene sports a big frame that could be a force for the Crimson Tide.

The Crimson Tide has also received verbal commitments from four-star outside linebacker Tyler Hayes of Thomasville H.S. in Thomasville, Ala.; four-star defensive tackle Dakota Ball of Pepperell H.S. in Lindale, Ga.; four-star athlete Justin Thomas of Prattville H.S. in Prattville, Ala.; four-star defensive end Ryan Anderson of Daphne H.S. in Daphne, Ala.; four-star running back Kenyan Drake of Hillgrove H.S. in Powder Springs, Ga.; three-star wide receiver Casey Gladney of Columbia H.S. in Columbia, S.C.; three-star running back Justin Taylor of Booker T. Washington H.S. in Atlanta, Ga.; three-star offensive guard Caleb Gulledge of Prattville H.S. in Prattville, Ala.; and three-star kicker Adam Griffith of Calhoun H.S. in Calhoun, Ga.