UA offensive lineman Aaron Douglas found dead on Thursday

The University of Alabama has confirmed the death of newly transferred junior offensive tackle Aaron Douglas. Douglas was found dead Thursday in Jacksonville, Fla. The cause of death has not been reported.

The 21-year-old Douglas recently transferred to the Crimson Tide at the beginning of the year from Western Arizona Community College. During his freshman year at the University of Tennessee, Douglas earned freshman All-SEC honors at the left tackle position.

Douglas decided to leave Tennessee after a second coaching change, and he cited a diagnosis of depression upon his departure.

The standout offensive tackle was slotted to compete for the left tackle job in Alabama’s offensive line.

The native of Maryville, Tenn., Douglas was said to be visiting his grandfather in Jacksonville. Douglas tweeted on his Twitter account @80Fresh 14 hours prior to his death being confirmed.

“It is a tragedy anytime you lose someone close to you and even more so when it is a member of your family,” said UA head football coach Nick Saban. “Aaron was a part of our family and always will be a part of our family at Alabama. He was an outstanding young man and we were excited about what he had accomplished as a player and a person in the short time he was with us.”