Bama Art House closes winter film series with ‘Goodbye Christopher Robin’

The Bama Theatre is saying goodbye to this winter’s Bama Art House film series with a showing of “Goodbye Christopher Robin,” a film that tells the story behind the beloved “Winnie the Pooh” stories.

“Goodbye Christopher Robin” focuses on author A. A. Milne’s (Domhnall Gleeson) family life and specifically, on his relationship with his son, Christopher Robin. The stories Milne wrote based on his son grew wildly popular in the wake of the horrors of World War I. However, the fame did not come without complications. This based-on-real-life story shows the shadowy truth behind the uplifting children’s tale with which audiences have grown so familiar. Academy Award-nominated actress Margot Robbie also stars in the film as Christopher’s mother, Daphne.

The showing of “Goodbye Christopher Robin” was originally scheduled for January 16, but has been rescheduled to today, Thursday, Feb. 22 due to the hazardous winter weather conditions at the beginning of the year. The film will begin at 7:30 p.m. Tickets can be purchased at the Bama Theatre box office for $8 general admission, $7 student admission, and $6 for Arts Council members. You can visit bamatheatre.org/bamaarthouse for more information. The address for the Bama Theatre is 600 Greensboro Avenue.