Printmaker and alumnus William Hall to lead gallery event today

A master printmaker is coming to campus today.

This morning at 10 a.m., artist and alumnus William Hall will lead a walkthrough and talk pertaining to the current exhibition at the Sarah Moody Gallery of Art: “Contemporary Consolidated: Selections from the Permanent Collection.”

Hall graduated from UA in 1973 with a Master of Fine Arts degree in painting. He later moved to New York where he joined on as a printmaker at Robert Blackburn’s Printmaking Workshop, jump-starting his artistic career. 

Hall went on to establish his own printing press and then joined the acclaimed Pace Editions, one of the country’s largest publishers of contemporary fine art prints, in New York. There, he worked with other master printers and artists such as Chuck Close, Jim Dine, Donald Baechler and Helen Frankenthaler. Hall also worked with Aldo Crommelynck, well-known for his collaborations with Pablo Picasso, for 10 years. 

The permanent collection at the Sarah Moody Gallery of Art is home to works by notable artists like Pablo Picasso, Chuck Close and Walker Evans. Admission to the gallery is free. The gallery is located in 103 Garland Hall on the Woods Quad.  

For more information about the gallery and the event, visit the Department of Art and Art History’s website.