Comedy specials to watch on Netflix if you need a laugh on Valentine’s Day

Whether you are spending this Valentine’s Day with a significant other or flying solo, “Netflix and chill” is practically a must. Here is a list Netflix’s best classic comedies and specials to give you all the laughs you need tonight.

“10 Things I Hate About You”

“10 Things I hate About You” is a romantic comedy starring Julia Stiles as Kat Statford and Heath Ledger as Patrick Verona. This romantic comedy is based off Shakespeare’s play “The Taming of the Shrew.” Kat and Bianca Stratford are sisters, but that is the only thing they have in common. The two sisters try find love while dealing with the struggles of high school and an overbearing father.

“How to Lose A Guy in 10 Days”

Starring Kate Hudson and Matthew McConaughey as Andie Anderson and Benjamin Barry, this romantic comedy is about a couple who are both in the relationship for different and untrustworthy reasons. Andie remains in the relationship to write a magazine article, and Ben stays in the relationship to win a bet.

“The Rebound”

“The Rebound” tells the story of a mother and wife who has learned that her husband has been unfaithful. Catherine Zeta Jones as Sandy files for divorce and moves with her two kids to New York City. Sandy ends up falling for her neighbor Aram Finkelstein, who is played by Justin Bartha. The catch: Aram is much younger than Sandy, and he also babysits her kids.

“The Prince and Me”

Julia Stiles stars as Paige Morgan, a college student at the University of Wisconsin. Paige is pursued by Eddie, who is played by Luke Mably. However, Paige is oblivious to the fact that Eddie is actually a prince from Denmark who is disguised as a normal college student.

“The Parent Trap”

This classic movie stars Lindsey Lohan playing identical twins Annie and Hallie. The twins meet at summer camp, but they are unaware that they are sisters. Once Annie and Hallie realize that their parents were once in love, they make it their mission to get their parents back together again.

“Bridget Jone’s Diary”

Renee Zellweger as Bridget Jones plays a single, 32-year-old woman who is determined to turn her life around. After a New Year’s Eve party, Bridget promises herself that she will find her true love in one year. While searching for her significant other, Bridget keeps a brutally honest diary about her life.

Mike Birbigalia’s “My Girlfriend’s Boyfriend”

Mike Birbigalia’s “My Girlfriend’s Boyfriend” is a stand up comedy poking at fun at the comedian’s sad romantic life. The stories go all the way back to when Birbigalia was an adolescent.

Louis C.K.’s “Chewed Up”

“Chewed Up” is a stand up comedy bringing attention to the struggles of Louis C.K.’s life. Louis finds comic relief in the battles of being a father, husband, and middle-aged man.