University Programs hosts second Murder Mystery Night

Jeffrey Kelly, Contributing Writer

University Programs will host Murder Mystery Night, including a live dinner theater production, on March 28.

“This is the second time we are hosting a Murder Mystery Night,” said Shemaiah Kenon, events coordinator for University Programs. “The first time, we had huge student participation, and they loved it.”

Kenon said Urban Cookhouse will be catering, and there will be many giveaways, such as JBL speakers.

What: University Programs’ Murder Mystery Night

Who: All students can attend

When: Thursday, March 28 from 7-10 p.m.

Where: Ferguson Student Center Ballroom

Why:

“Basically, Murder Mystery Night is a live production,” Kenon said. “This year’s theme is going to be the 1920s, like gangsters, roaring 20s, mobster life. Students are going to have to work with the actors and actresses from the Funny Business company and work together to figure out clues to who may have committed the crime. So basically, it’s like a ‘whodunnit,’ but UP form and fashion.”

Kenon said University Programs is excited to see how students interact, because last time they were super engaged and stayed for the entire three hours.

“We’re hoping with this mafia theme that it encourages students to even dress up in, like, ‘Great Gatsby’ attire to kind of really get in character with our actors and actresses, so we’re really encouraging that, just so they can really have fun,” she said.

Kenon said participants are not going to know who the murderer is unless they pay close attention to the clues and the different things that pop out.

“They’re going to be in for a great surprise,” she said. “It’s going to be good.”