Saige Rozanc-Petski named next editor-in-chief of Alice Magazine

Photo courtesy of Saige Rozanc-Petski

Jessa Reid Bolling, Assistant News Editor

The Media Planning Board has named Saige Rozanc-Petski as editor-in-chief of Alice Magazine for the 2019-2020 school year.

Rozanc-Petski, a sophomore journalism major, has served as a Communications & Information Sciences College ambassador and as an online content creator of Odyssey.

“I’m really excited to be the new Alice editor just because I think it’s such a wonderful publication that we’ve put out,” Rozanc-Petski said. “It’s unlike anything I’ve seen anywhere else, so I’m really excited to be a part of something like that.”

Mark Mayfield, associate director and editorial advisor of the Office of Student Media and advisor to The Crimson White, said that it takes extraordinary talent to produce a quality magazine and he believes Rozanc-Petski has that talent.

“I’m really proud of Saige [Rozanc-Petski] and I think she’ll do a good job,” Mayfield said. “I think her journalism background will serve her well in this job. I also think she’s organized enough to work with all aspects of Alice and she also has some plans for the website which is important for Alice so I think she’ll do an excellent job.”

Looking ahead, Rozanc-Petski is eager to get started with the Alice team.

“I think they’ve already built a really strong publication and a really strong team, so I’m not looking to completely reinvent the wheel but I’m excited to put my own twist to things that have already been extremely successful for Alice,” she said.

Rebecca Rakowitz, current editor-in-chief of Alice, said she is honored to pass the position on to Rozanc-Petski.

“Just like myself, this is her first time working for Alice stepping into the role of editor-in-chief,” Rakowitz said. “I’m really excited for her to take this on. I think a fresh set of eyes is always important for the magazine.”

Rakowitz also said she is eager to see what the Alice staff can achieve under Rozanc-Petski’s leadership.

“I think the magazine is in a really exciting place right now,” Rakowitz said. “We’ve pushed a lot of boundaries and Saige has a really talented staff, so I think things are going to keep moving forward, and she’ll do some great work.”