SGA election to occur on March 7

Students will vote for SGA president, executive vice president, executive secretary, vice president for academic affairs, vice president for external affairs, vice president for student affairs and vice president for financial affairs.

Students will also vote for senators to represent each of the University’s colleges. According to the SGA’s website, there are 11 arts and sciences seats, 11 business seats, seven engineering seats, six graduate seats, four human environmental sciences seats, three communication and information sciences seats, two education seats, two law seats, two nursing seats and two social work seats allocated for this election cycle.

Should the need for a run-off election arise, voting will be through MyBama from 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. on Thursday, March 9.

Students will also vote on 
two potential constitutional 
amendments. The first amendment calls for changes to be made to parts of the SGA constitution such that there will be 
a degree of added clarification on 
the eligibility requirements for 
SGA candidates.

“A portion of the constitution is ambiguous, so much so that the Elections Board has made conflicting rulings in the previous years,” the bill states. “There should be as little room for interpretation on eligibility in order that any student who wishes to run, may run, and that all constituents understand the qualifications of 
their representatives.”

The second amendment looks to remove Article V from the constitution, which deals with student organizational seating at Alabama football games. According to the bill, the allocation process has the potential to improve if the allocation process is no longer part of the constitution.