Announcements for 8/30/2010

First Year Council applicants must reapply

Due to a technical issue on the SGA website, applications for First Year Council submitted prior to 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 25 were lost. Students may reapply until the new extended deadline of Friday, Sept. 3 at 5:00 p.m. The freshman class will receive a university email informing them of this mishap.

Revived fraternity to hold informational meeting

The recently restarted Alpha Sigma Phi chapter is hosting an informational meeting today at 8 p.m. in Bidgood Hall Room 115 for male students interested in joining the UA Greek system.

“There was interest from students on UA’s campus to revive the chapter,” said Alpha Sigma Phi’s Director of Expansion Matt Humberger. “Anytime we can restore an old chapter we’re interested, especially at a campus like Alabama where so many are interested in Greek life.”

Community Service Center to host annual Volunteer Expo

The University of Alabama Community Service Center will hold a Volunteer Expo Thursday, Sept. 2, in the Ferguson Center. The expo, which lasts from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., aims to connect students with nonprofit organizations they may be interested in.

Organizations will help students get more involved in their community and provide information about service projects and local agencies.

To learn more about service projects and opportunities to volunteer, students can request information from the CSC office in 346 Ferguson Center.