Announcements for 8/27/2010

First Year Council applicants must reapply

Due to a technical issue on the SGA website, applications for First Year Council submitted prior to 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 25 were lost. Students may reapply until the new extended deadline of Friday, Sept. 3 at 5:00 p.m. The freshman class will receive a university email informing them of this mishap.

UA to host workshop on facilitating intercultural dialogue

Crossroads Community Center and The University of Alabama Sustained Dialogue will host members from the national Sustained Dialogue Campus Network for a series of workshops on facilitating intercultural dialogue. Following opening remarks on Friday by UA Vice President for Community Affairs Dr. Samory Pruitt, the weekend will begin with an informal discussion about sustained dialogue, which is open to the public. Saturday’s workshops will provide professional training involving effective intercultural communication strategies for some 67 UA students representing a variety of campus leadership programs as well as nine staff members who registered for the event. The SDCN will also provide moderator training for UA’s chapter of Sustained Dialogue on Sunday. Founded in 2002, SDCN has helped reduce ethnic, racial, and other conflicts within the US and abroad by training, mentoring, and connecting university and high school student leaders.