Dillon Lee arrested for DUI

Alabama junior linebacker Dillon Lee was arrested early Thursday morning on charges of driving under the influence by the Tuscaloosa Police Department.

Lee was released on a $1,000 bond.

“I don’t have all of the details at this point and will handle it appropriately once I’ve had a chance to review all of the information,” Alabama coach Nick Saban said in a statement released by University of Alabama Athletics.

Lee appeared in all 13 games last season, recording 16 tackles and a fumble recovery for a touchdown. He saw the field primarily on special teams. This spring, however, Lee appeared to be working with the first team defense as an outside linebacker and was set to see an increased role in the Crimson Tide’s defense.

“We feel like he can be a very good player and competing for a starting job right now,” Saban said at the start of spring practice. “We’re confident that if he wins that job, he’ll be able to do an outstanding job for us.”

Lee, along with outside linebacker Ryan Anderson, was sent home from the 2013 BCS National Championship Game against Notre Dame for missing curfew.

Despite the arrest, Lee went through individual drills and participated in Saturday’s scrimmage. Saban specifically pointed out how Lee had been working at a couple positions on the defensive side of the ball this spring.

“Outside guys are doing well,” Saban said. “Dillon Lee has actually been playing in and out.”

Lee is the third current Alabama football player to be arrested this year, joining freshman cornerback Tony Brown and sophomore running back Altee Tenpenny.