Study abroad fair to showcase international opportunities

Capstone International Academic Programs will host a study abroad fair on the second floor of the Ferguson Center Tuesday, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. for students who want to see all the options available for coursework outside the U.S.

The fair will feature representatives from 14 different affiliate programs, as well as information on the 36 UA faculty-led program options, to answer specific questions from students.

Brittnay McMillian, a study abroad advisor, said the fair is for those who are thinking about studying abroad and want to begin the process of figuring out which program fits what they want. Capstone International Academic Programs holds information sessions throughout the year and offers advisers to guide you in the process, but McMillian said the fair is the best starting point.

“This is the best way to get very specific program information because you’re getting it straight from the expert in that program,” McMillian said.

Along with brochures and information on each program, the UA Scholarship and Financial Aid Office will also be available to answer questions about applying for scholarships or using current scholarships to pay for a study abroad experience.

(See also “International students rely on public transit, friends”)

Cassidy Ellis, a senior majoring in history, spent last summer studying in London and Barcelona through an affiliate program. She said the study abroad fair is a good place to see all of your options and to gather information.

“I think a lot of people don’t want to study abroad because they think they can’t afford it,” Ellis said. “But if you go to the fair, it’s a good way to get information to know that you’ll be able to.”

McMillian encouraged every student interested in studying abroad to look into their options. She said studying abroad enhances any college experience.

“Study abroad gives you life skills and experiences you couldn’t get elsewhere,” McMillian said. “It sounds cliché, but it really is life-changing.”

Women’s golf team after round one of Lady Puerto Rico Classic

Following rare back-to-back losses, coming weeks will show Tide’s true mettle

Internet age makes online internships more popular