Student dies after 3-car accident in Montgomery

The UA student who suffered serious injuries in a traffic accident in Montgomery, Ala. on Jan. 8 died Friday.

Natalie Baine, 20-year-old from Roswell, Ga., was pronounced dead by medical staff at Baptist Medical Center, Friday, Montgomery police reported Saturday.

Baine was critically injured during a three-vehicle collision involving a charter bus transporting UA cheerleaders traveling home from the BCS National Championship Game in Miami, Fla. The crash involved the bus, a car and a pick-up truck which was also carrying UA students. Baine was a passenger in the truck.

UA punter Cody Mandell tweeted around 1 p.m. Saturday, “Rest in peace Natalie. Please pray for her family as they go through this rough time.”

Morgan Thomas, Baine’s roommate, said people will remember Natalie as the “glue to all of our friendships.”

“People will remember Natalie as the glue to all of our friendships. She was spontaneous, carefree, and never cared about what anyone thought about her which I loved the most,” Thomas said. “She was always running late with her crazy messy bun on top of her head. She hated being alone and missing out on anything. Anytime she’d walk into the room she’d ask ‘What’s going on, what did I miss?’ She never met a stranger.”

Thomas, who met Baine in the first grade, said she’ll miss everything about her friend.

“From her infectious laugh and sense of humor, she touched so many people’s lives,” Thomas said. “A room would light up just with her presence. She was always a friend when I needed her the most.”